Don’t we know all too well things get totally nuts around the holidays. Today, I’m offering sanity. It comes in the form of…a crockpot. And a lasagna. A warm, hearty, stick to your ribs meal doesn’t get much better, or much easier than this.
Let’s Get Crockin’ Around The Christmas Tree y’all!
12 Layer Crockpot Lasagna
- 4 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups diced vegetables of your choice; I used spinach, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- 8 oz. ground sirloin, cooked
- 8 oz. Italian Sausage, cooked
- 12 oz. fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Italian blend grated cheese
- Fresh Basil and Oregano
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese
- Layer of 1 cup plain marinara sauce, no meat added in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add one layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Add one layer of ricotta cheese. There’s a great recipe for homemade ricotta here.
- Add one layer of veggies. I used spinach, diced onions, diced bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Add one layer of meat sauce. Just add the Italian Sausage and ground sirloin to the remaining marinara.
- Add one layer of fresh sliced Mozzarella.
- Repeat layers until the pot is full.
- Cover the lasagna with 1 cup of Italian blend grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped Basil, Oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. Any longer may result in overcooked noodles.
Sanity Restored 🙂
Y’all, life is too short to eat ugly food.