This “award” is given to bloggers by bloggers. Each nominee gives 11 random facts about themselves, answers the questions asked by the person who nominated them, then each nominee must in turn nominate other fellow bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Here are the questions posed to me for both nominations.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I do not like for my foods to touch except meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I would still use my childhood divider plate if it was socially acceptable.
2. I owned a Marketing & PR firm for 8 years, during which I won Small Business Person of the Year.
3. I have been a SPAM Recipe Champion.
4. I’ve won close to 300 ribbons and awards in various cooking competitions including state fairs.
5. I lived in ONE house for 39 years.
6. I love football. Let me repeat…I LOVE and ADORE FOOTBALL!!!!!!
7. My favorite word is “Question”. I just like to say it.
8. I wanted to name my daughter Victoria Winter Rose, but was out voted. I still love that name for a little girl.
9. My mother was deaf. She didn’t sign, but could read lips like nobody’s business. We swore she had “selective hearing.”
10. If I’m not drinking wine, I’m a whiskey girl.
11. I never thought fairy tales were real, or true gentlemen still existed until I married my husband. He is all of the above.
Questions From Jasmine & Ginger:
Where’s the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
As I thought about this question I thought about all of the places I’ve been and how each was unique in it’s own way. I thought about which one I loved best and all of the memories I had associated with all of those places. I realized very quickly, it’s not where I’ve been that’s my favorite, but where I return. It holds all the love, the memories, the friendships, my family and the one true love of my life. The best place I have ever traveled, is home.
What’s your favourite book and why?
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. It was the sequel to The Notebook. Simply put, it’s about dreams coming true when you least expect it and had all but given up hope. Either that or Betty Crocker’s Greatest Recipes 😉
What are your top 3 favourite songs of all time?
There is truly no way I could possibly answer this as much as I love music and how eclectic my tastes can be, so I’m going to choose the first three that come to mind: Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft, What’s Going on by Marvin Gaye, and Treat Her Like A Lady by The Temptations. Hmmm. Who knew?
What’s your knee-jerk reaction to anything bad that happens and how do you handle stress?
I kick, scream, get mad, cry, yell, kick a tree…for 30 minutes. That’s the max I allow myself to wallow. Then I put on my “big girl panties” and figure out a solution. I give the same advice to all of my friends and family.
Who is your most favourite person that is not your offspring or spouse or immediate family?
My best friend Rhonda. I have so many amazing friendships that are no less in meaning to me, but Rhonda has been by my side for over 20 years. She has loved me through every single thing that has happened and forgiven things when I’ve acted negligent in our friendship. She has always been there and I know without a second of a doubt, she always will be. I hope I give her the same sense of security she has given me in that I will never be alone in anything I ever endure. To the moon and back…
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Red, Red WINE!!!!!!!
Who / what inspires you in your day to day life?
My husband, my daughter, my stepsons and my friends. I learn multitudes and am inspired by anyone around me who goes through rough spots and comes out on top. I am inspired by those who never give up and never give in. I am most inspired by those who know who they are and they live their life their way.
What are you most proud of?
My marriage, my husband, my daughter, and my step sons. I’m also proud of myself in that I finally learned it’s ok to be good to yourself and it’s ok to want more for yourself. Being good to you first, means you can be so much more for everyone else later.
What do you want / hope for yourself?
I hope that I am an inspiration to others. I hope that I always provide a good role model and example for our children. I hope that I always make my husband proud that I am his wife. I hope my children are proud of me and the life I’ve lived. If I can accomplish those things, I will have all I want for myself.
What advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
Think before you act. Get to know yourself. You’re really a pretty cool chick!
Questions From the Complete Savorist:
What was your favorite food when you were a child?
It was and still is and probably will always be SPAGHETTI!!!!!
If you were going to hire a maid to only complete one chore, what would it be?
Dusting. I can handle everything else in the entire house but being asthmatic, I despise dusting.
What’s one food you wish you liked, but just don’t?
Any of them! I have a terrible problem of not hating a single solitary food. I love them all. Not even kidding 🙂
If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why?
Harry Potter. I would LOVE to play in a Quidditch Tournament! Come on! Who doesn’t want to fly on a broom?
If you could turn back time, what is one thing you’d like a “do-over” on?
Spending more time with the people I love before the opportunity is gone. I wouldn’t take a single day for granted with my parents or watching my daughter grow up.
Describe your perfect relaxing evening.
Did we mention the wine? Anything involving that is heavenly 😉
Have you named your car, if so, what is it named?
I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab named “Big Red!”
Hot Dogs: guilty pleasure, disgusting, or _______ ?
Can’t live without them! Chicago. Dogs. RULE!
What would you be doing if you weren’t blogging (or are you doing in addition to blogging)?
Drinking more wine? Honestly, I would probably be finished unpacking my house from my move 1 1/2 years ago lol! …WHILE drinking wine 🙂
What was the last book you read?
The latest Food & Wine hardcover cookbook
What is your first memory?
My very first memory is of my mama rocking me in the rocking chair in our living room, and my second was of me and my grandaddy sitting on his bed and eating bananas.
Here is my list of Nominees:
Selma’s Table: http://selmastable.wordpress.com/
Tampa Cake Girl: http://tampacakegirl.wordpress.com/
Simply Vegetarian 777: http://simplyvegetarian777.wordpress.com/
The Texan New Yorker: http://www.texannewyorker.com/
Sophie’s Foodie Files: http://sophiesfoodiefiles.wordpress.com/
The Sweet Chick: http://www.thesweetchick.com/2014/08/candy-coated-oreo-m.html
Messes To Memories: http://www.messestomemories.com/
A Mother’s Shadow: http://amothersshadow.com/2013/08/27/tasty-tuesday-roasted-tomatoes/
The Kitchen Wife: http://www.thekitchenwife.net/2014/08/eggplant-parmesan.html
Simply 123 Allergy Free: http://www.simply123allergyfree.com/
Here are your questions:
1. Who is your culinary hero and why?
2. What is the most important thing you would like your readers to know about you, what would it be?
3. How is your cooking style unique and creative?
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare and why?
5. What is your most embarrassing kitchen moment?
6. What is your proudest accomplishment in the kitchen?
7. If you had to choose one, what would it be and why? Movies, books, music?
8. Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them.
9. What is the most surprising thing people don’t know about you?
10. What is your strongest skill in the kitchen?
11. What are your food blogging goals?
Thank you so much again to Jasmine and Ginger and to The Complete Savorist for the nominations!