My family was always so happy around the holidays. They were absolutely FILLED with the spirit. At the time I didn’t realize it wasn’t exactly the Christmas spirit making them so merry and bright, but maybe the spirit of Mr. Jim Beam or Mr. Mogan David!
In any event, no matter what spirit you decide to fill yourself with this holiday season, make it a good one!
Filled with the Spirit Bourbon Balls
- 1 cup fine vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Makes about 3 dozen bourbon balls.