Barbacoa Beef & Beer! The three little Bs …of course.
Hass and I decided to venture out this weekend for the first ever Georgia Craft Beer Festival in Midtown.
…and beer they had!
…and beer we had!
…and beer they had!
We were all very thankful we had these!
A pretty good time was in fact had by all!
After all that beer, I was thankful…and I mean so VERY thankful…I had put THIS in the crockpot for dinner. Planners of the world, UNITE!
Crockpot Barbacoa Beef! What goes better with copious amounts of beer… than not having to cook dinner 😉
Crockpot Barbacoa Beef with Sour Cream and Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 chuck roast – 4-5 pounds
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Corona Beer
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or Garlic Flavored Olive Oil – Reg. Olive oil if you can’t located flavored oils
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- Juice from 2 limes
- zest from 2 limes
- 1 bunch chopped Cilantro
- 2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 jar Cowboy Caviar – Store bought or make your own (If you cant find this, substitute with one small can corn and 1/2 can black beans)
- Sour Cream for garnish
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce – Taste as you add the Sriracha to make sure you keep the heat level comfortable for you.
Combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth. Place roast in crockpot and cover with chopped Cilantro. Pour sauce over roast. Pour int he chicken stock and add Bay leaves. Let cook 8-10 hours on low. Meat should easily shred with forks. Serve in crunchy or soft tortilla shells with Cowboy Caviar.
Ketchup: Blend ingredients well, adding Sriracha in small amounts at a time. Taste as you go to make sure the heat level is comfortable for you.
I like beer. I love easy dinners. Bon Appetite y’all!