Just 48 hours ago I was sitting outside with the warm sun shining down upon my face, a slight breeze from the North brushing across my shoulder and a salted Margarita in hand.
Now. It is snowing. Again.
Mother Nature, I implore you… TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!
Classic Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound of beef tenderloin, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 cups condensed Cream of Mushroom soup; easy, homemade recipe here
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter in a heavy stock pot. Add onions and cook about 5-7 minutes or until translucent. Add beef. Toss until beef is coated and browned. Add wine, beef stock and mushrooms. Cover with lid or foil, and place in a 350 degree oven for about one hour. This will result in a super tender beef.
Remove from oven and stir in remainder of ingredients until well blended. Serve over hot egg noodles or rice. Top with bacon if desired.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.
* For great beef tenderloin, you can check with your local butcher, or you can order excellent quality direct from TK Gourmet here.
Note: As part of my relationship with TKGourmet, I received 4 tenderloin steaks for recipe development. However, all thoughts, opinions and swooning in this post are my own.