Everyone knows I love a good Caprese Salad. In the summertime there’s nothing else like it. Why? Because well, it’s the epitome of fresh. You just can’t get much better than vine-ripened Heirloom tomatoes, fragrant Basil, good olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar and cheese. It’s like a party in your mouth with all the cool flavors.
It just doesn’t get any better.
You add grilled lobster.
I KNOW! WHY did I not do this sooner? Heirloom tomatoes, creamy Burrata, aromatic Basil, caramelized grilled peaches, a fantastically rich olive oil, a drizzle of white peach balsamic vinegar and a plump buttery lobster tail over a bed of Watercress with a wedge of an Italian Chocolate baguette.
Oh Em. Gee.
Can you say fresh y’all?
Grilled Lobster, Peach & Burrata Caprese
- 1 lobster tail, grilled
- 4 peach halves, grilled
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ball fresh Burrata – You can substitute Mozzarella if Burrata is unavailable
- 1 handful fresh Basil leaves
- 1 handful Watercress or Arugula
- 5 tbsp. good olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar – white peach infused is amazing if you can locate it
- Smoked Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Good bread – Sourdough or Chocolate Baguettes are excellent choices
Grill lobster tail and peaches. Set aside. Place Watercress or Arugula on a platter, or individual plates. Top with tomato slices, Basil and Burrata. Add grilled peaches. Sprinkle with smoked finishing salt & fresh cracked pepper. Top with grilled lobster. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Serve with grilled sourdough or warmed baguette.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.