This one is so fast, if you blink you’ll miss it!
On your plate…in under 30 minutes! BAM!
Blackened Salmon over Drunken Goat Cheese Grits with Candied Jalapenos
- 1 cup grits
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups Drunken Goat Cheese, shredded
- 4 fresh Salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup candied Jalapenos or Jalapeno Jalopy Jelly + extra for topping
- 4 tbsp. blackened Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Bring chicken stock to a boil. Whisk in grits and salt, then reduce heat. Allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes until done, whisking frequently. Whisk in butter and cheese until smooth and creamy. Stir in Jalapenos.
Season Salmon fillets with blackened seasoning. Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Sear salmon for two minutes per side. Place skillet in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve over grits. Top with additional candied jalapenos.
** Blackened Seasoning **
You can purchased Blackened Seasoning or you can create your own by blending the following in a shaker. This will keep about 6 months:
- 4 tbsp. GOOD paprika
- 3 tbsp. dried granulated onion
- 3 tbsp. dried granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. white pepper
- 3 tbsp. finely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground oregano
- 1 tbsp. ground chipotle chile
- 1 tsp. Basil
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all!