When the weather starts to warm up in Atlanta, people begin to look for any excuse to spending more time outdoors. Whether they take a jog around the neighborhood, spend time tending to their garden, or if they relax with a good book next to the pool just to soak up the warm Georgia sunshine, Summertime means it is time to take our favorite indoor activities outside. One noticeable change that comes with the shift in weather is the sweet smell of barbecue floating through the air and the sound of sizzling steaks as they hit the grill. The coolers are stocked with refreshing beverages, and the seductive scent of marinated meats call out like a siren to anyone who passes within the nearby vicinity.
Cooking outdoors becomes a top priority for the nature lovers and the grillmasters between the months of May and September, but it comes with a set of unique challenges. If the goal is to serve up a delicious meal for family, friends, and neighbors, then every precaution should be taken to ensure the meal is a complete success. Here are seven tips for cooking outdoors:
- Plan ahead. Check the weather, prepare the menu, and purchase the groceries ahead of time. By laying out a plan before you start to make the meal, you will be better equipped to handle any unexpected scenarios, and you can concentrate on fixing the meal while enjoying your guest’s company.
- Keep the bugs away. One of the harsh realities of living in the Atlanta area is that the bugs love the weather too and in the summer they are out in full force. Protect against the bugs and keep them away from your delicious meal by implementing some of these tricks.
- Create a drink to compliment the main course. Adult beverages, colas, fruit-infused waters, or a juice concoction are all refreshing additions to an outdoor meal. Plus, a signature drink is sure to wow guests of all ages.
- Use fresh and simple ingredients. When you are preparing a meal so close to nature, try to embrace the atmosphere by accentuating the aromas and freshness of the outdoors and using them to garnish your meal. You can do this best by using fresh and straightforward ingredients, just make sure to wash everything before you use them.
5. Eat outside. There is no more appropriate venue in which to enjoy a meal cooked outdoors, than outside on a deck or patio. Gather around a full-size outdoor dining table and chairs to indulge on a delicious feast.
6. Serve a refreshing dessert. No meal is complete without something sweet to finish it all off. Try serving a refreshing dessert like grilled fruit or homemade popsicles.
7. Invest in an outdoor kitchen. The number one tip for properly preparing an outdoor meal is to install a functional outdoor kitchen to maximize utility and ease when you are cooking.
If you are a foodie, a connoisseur of deliciousness, a wannabe home chef, or a self-proclaimed grill master, then you need to check out the incredible selection of outdoor kitchen units available at Rec Warehouse. Each unit comes equipped with a grill and oven. The larger units have even more cooking and food preparation options, making them the ideal accessory to help you create a tasty outdoor meal. Some of the units even include refrigerators.
About Rec Warehouse
When it comes to outdoor recreation and entertaining Rec Warehouse has a solution for almost any favored pastime and outdoor space, especially if your passion is cooking. In addition to the extensive collection of outdoor kitchen units, Rec Warehouse also sells outdoor furniture. With a new outdoor dining table and chairs, you can seamlessly move from cooking a meal to enjoying it.
Rec Warehouse is a family-owned and operated, Atlanta-based business selling and specializing in recreational and leisure equipment. They have been in the business of “selling fun for less” since they moved to the Atlanta market in 1985. President and CEO, David Doebler, has been passionate about selling accessories to enhance his customer’s at-home free time by providing an unparalleled selection of above ground pools, hot tubs, saunas, tanning beds, pool tables, and outdoor kitchens. David’s industry knowledge is unrivaled and developed over years of hard work after being hired by his uncle and father as the company’s first employee. Now, in addition to the eCommerce website, Rec Warehouse has three expansive showroom locations around Atlanta; in Norcross, Jonesboro, and Kennesaw.
Stop by one of the locations today to see how Rec Warehouse’s staff of well-mannered professionals can help you find the perfect solution to make your summertime and steaks sizzle.
Pingback: Seven Tips for Cooking Outdoors | The Front Porch Gourmet