12 layer lasagna, Crockpot Lasagna, crockpot recipes, Easy holiday dinners, easy weeknight meals, Italian recipes, Lasagna
Don’t we know all too well things get totally nuts around the holidays. Today, I’m offering sanity. It comes in the form of…a crockpot. And a lasagna. A warm, hearty, stick to your ribs meal doesn’t get much better, or much easier than this.
Let’s Get Crockin’ Around The Christmas Tree y’all!
12 Layer Crockpot Lasagna
- 4 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups diced vegetables of your choice; I used spinach, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- 8 oz. ground sirloin, cooked
- 8 oz. Italian Sausage, cooked
- 12 oz. fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Italian blend grated cheese
- Fresh Basil and Oregano
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese
- Layer of 1 cup plain marinara sauce, no meat added in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add one layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Add one layer of ricotta cheese. There’s a great recipe for homemade ricotta here.
- Add one layer of veggies. I used spinach, diced onions, diced bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Add one layer of meat sauce. Just add the Italian Sausage and ground sirloin to the remaining marinara.
- Add one layer of fresh sliced Mozzarella.
- Repeat layers until the pot is full.
- Cover the lasagna with 1 cup of Italian blend grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped Basil, Oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. Any longer may result in overcooked noodles.
Sanity Restored 🙂
Y’all, life is too short to eat ugly food.
Pingback: Crockin’ Around the Christmas Tree | 12 Layer Crockpot Lasagna — The Front Porch Gourmet | My Meals are on Wheels
Reblogged this on BRUT IMPERIAL ANTARCTICA.