Run. In. Door.
Need. Dinner. Quick.
No. Time. Wasted.
Feed. Me. NOW!
I. See. Chicken.
Pass. Me. Limes.
Oh! Chipotle. Tortillas!
There’s. George. Forman.
Hola. Don. Julio!
Dinner. Is. Served 🙂
I. Did. It!
Tequila. Shots. Anyone?
Don Julio Quesadillas with Chipotle Tortillas, Cotija and Adobo Lime Crema
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts – cooked and shredded
- 8 – 8″ Chipotle flavored tortillas
- 1 bunch green onions – diced
- 1 container Cotija cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack for extra spice
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado – sliced
- 7 oz. can Chipotles with Adobo Sauce
- 1 small container sour cream
- 1-2 limes, juiced and zested – 1 wedge reserved
- 2 shots Don Julio or other good Tequila
For the crema:
Blend sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, 1/2 of the tequila and adobo sauce well. Begin with a teaspoon of sauce and continue to add until you have reached desired level of spice and heat.
Place 1/2 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide shredded chicken, green onion and cheeses equally between all tortillas, spreading ingredients evenly. Top with remaining half of the tortillas.
Place 2 quesadillas on a heated griddle (you may also do this in a large skillet or even in the oven). Allow to cook on medium heat until golden brown on the underside, approximately 2-4 minutes. Flip and allow to cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve with lettuce, tomato, avocado and crema.
Finally, lick your hand between your thumb and index finger. shake salt onto the licked area. Grab a lime wedge and the balance of the tequila. In one fluid motion, lick the salt from your hand, shoot the tequila and suck the lime wedge. It’s been a long day 🙂
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.