That’s the first thing that crosses my mind when I think of Bleu cheese. Not like Limburger stinky mind you, because there is no other cheese stink quite like that one.
There are lots of really delicious, stinky foods come to think of it. The pungent aroma of collard greens or cabbage cooking is quite something to behold. So is the lovely waffling scent of boiled eggs. And how about the kitchen funk after a fish fry. Shuwee!
I wonder if that’s how an alley cat feels when digging for it’s next meal in the garbage. Boy this stinks… but man it’s gonna be GREAT!!
Bleu Cheese & Toasted Pecan Fettuccine
- 1 box fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 1 cup crumbled Bleu cheese – Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue is our preference + 2 tbsp. for garnish
- 1 8oz. package whipped cream cheese or Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add all ingredients except pasta, pecans and pasta water to a medium sauce pan. Whisk constantly over medium heat for until smooth. Pour over pasta and toss to blend. If the sauce is too thick, you can add some pasta water t thin it a bit. Top with toasted pecans and additional crumbled Bleu cheese.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.