This week, in honor of so many kiddos heading back to the schoolhouse, we are going to focus on my favorite meal of the day. No silly, not wine time. Breakfast! The kids will have plenty of time later in life to learn the importance of wine.
So you know how much I adore breakfast and preach frequently on the importance. Just so you know I’m being 100% honest with you, here are five quick facts about the most important meal of the day.
- For many young children, there could be as many as 14 hours between supper and breakfast the next morning.
- One in ten children skips breakfast, which can severely limit their ability to learn.
- Children should get one quarter of their daily nutrition at breakfast.
- Research shows that children who eat breakfast have healthier weights than children who skip breakfast and also perform better on memory tests.
- The ideal breakfast should be high in carbohydrates, rich in nutrients and low in fat.
If time is a factor, every breakfast recipe I’m offering this week can be made in 15 minutes or less, or can be pre-made over the weekend in preparation for the week. See, I can make this easy for you! I love you like that.
Isn’t that powerful information y’all? SEE how important breakfast is, especially for the kiddos? You can always trust me to tell you the whole truth and nothing but. Some things you just cannot ignore.
Blueberry & White Chocolate Muffins
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup roasted walnut oil – can sub. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. almond or vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add oil, egg and milk. Mix until just moistened. Do not over mix or you will have tough muffins. Place blueberries and chips in a bowl. Toss with 2 tbsp. flour so they do not sink to the bottom of the muffin. Shake off excess flour. Fold blueberries and chips into the batter. Fill muffin cups. Bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.