What do you make for breakfast when the following stars align:
1. You are NOT in the mood to cook. Yes folks, it even happens to me on rare occasions.
2. Nothing “Sounds good”.
3. You have a little of everything in the fridge, but not a lot of anything.
This. You make…this 🙂
Farmer’s Cheese Grits with Chorizo Scrambled Eggs & Tomato Jam
- 1 cup grits
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Farmer’s Cheese, grated
- 4-6 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1 link Chorizo sausage
- Fresh Pico de Gallo and Tomato Jam for garnish
Prepare grits according to package directions, but substituting water for chicken stock. Cook until done. Add cheese and stir until melted.
Place Chorizo in a skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add eggs. Stir while cooking until eggs are soft scrambled.
Serve Chorizo eggs over grits and top with fresh Pico de Gallo and Tomato Jam.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all.