‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything!!! Who’s ready? THIS GIRL! Like yesterday!
I have an itsy bitsy, teeny weenie tendency to rush things …a little bit. Let’s take a brief look at my history in patience shall we?
- I have never savored an ice cream cone. The ice cream goes completely unnoticed in my effort to reach the bottom of the cone because the last bite is my favorite part. Sometimes I just make the cone, then dump it all in a bowl so I can bite off the end.
- I can try on clothes in ten seconds flat. I know what I like, what I don’t like and there is no wavering or dilly dallying.
- I have NO patience for bad drivers and some fierce road rage. A few weeks ago some jerk in a eco-friendly car totally cut me off! So at the stop light, I proceeded to walk to his window, proclaim he was a complete moron for pulling in front of a RAM and that I wasn’t afraid to use it. I could put his little grocery getter in the bed of my truck! By myself. With no equipment needed. In the future I would NOT Dodge him, but would RAM the crap out of him and his little vehicle too (insert evil witch laugh here)! I went on to tell him my husband was the head of the narcotics division of SLED (Completely false information) and I foresaw some questionable findings in his vehicle if he EVER pulled a stunt like that. I kindly blessed his heart, as we Southern women do, and returned to my vehicle. It ain’t easy being green.
Patience is CLEARLY not my virtue.
The one thing however, I do not rush, is Fall. I ask for it early and I hang on for dear life as long as I possibly can. I savor each moment; every single leaf that changes, every night by the firepit, every fire Hass builds in the fireplace, every football game, every penalty and every touchdown. …and every, single, solitary pumpkin, apple, sweet potato and pecan recipe I can find!
So hold on to your drawers y’all! Here comes the Pumpkins!
Pumpkin & Golden Raisin Pancakes with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, more if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or discs
- 2 tbsp milk + more for thinner drizzle
- cooking spray, I use Coconut Oil spray
- Toffee bits optional*
Combine flour, pumpkin, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into buttermilk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Stir in raisins. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet. These are really thick and you will need to spread the batter into the size you want your pancakes. Cook until edges of pancakes appear done. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Drizzle with white chocolate.
White Chocolate drizzle: Melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips or discs being careful not to scorch. White chocolate burns easily. Add milk slowly and whisk. Continue to add milk until you have reached your desired drizzle consistency. I prefer a thinner drizzle as it is very sweet.
Life is too short to eat ugly food y’all!