What a chilly morning! Brrr!
In anticipation of yet another impending winter storm that should arrive (insert air quotes here) ‘any moment now’, I’d like to reflect on our last TWO Snowmageddons. What a Charlie Foxtrot THOSE were!
Hopefully if it happens yet again, we will be a little more prepared. Just in case, I have these healthy and delicious cauliflower tots ready! Homemade and healthy made easy. Let’s get Tottin’ y’all!
*This recipe was adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips*
- Half a head shredded cauliflower – You can use the stems as well as the florets
- 1 cup shredded cheese – Original recipe called for cheddar, but I subbed Gruyere
- 1 egg
- ¼ c cornmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 grated onion
- 1 chopped scallion
- Bleu Cheese Dressing and/or Ketchup for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower and onion in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.